Friday, May 08, 2009

FC-1 Thunder fully loaded for long-range A2G missions.

While the following two PR photos of FC-1 prototype number 4 might look impressive; with its enlarged engine air intake (SDI), extended wingroot and tailfin RWR. However, PLAAF still refuses to commit to this joint Sino-Pakistan project puts a damper on this bird's future even as its production line finally opened at Kamra's Pakistan Aeronautical Complex on January 22nd 2008.

For Pakistan, the FC-1 project can be seen as a great leap forward, but that is not the case for PLAAF, whom already commissioned at lease four regiments of the much more capable J-10s. Thus, possible sales to nations such as Egypt, Iran, and Bangladesh have became more critical for FC-1 to outgrow its reputation as a niche system.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good site, brilliant write up.
Maybe one or two thumbnails can be added.
I think it should be promoted to front page.
While at it, may I ask how you setup your review system?
Thank you
Itprovider

Unknown said...

This is a very interesting post, and the comments are also fantastic to read. I’ll have to have a little re-think about my own contact form on our new website, as this poses some interesting questions!

ITsolution

Unknown said...

This is a great post Dmitry. I just had one of the ‘Doh!’ moments and ran back to correct my own site before publishing my comment. You see my own comment form did not match what I’m about to advise. I get less comments than you, so never noticed any problem. I’ve changed it now anyway so here goes.

IT developer

E2 Solutions said...

I like reading posts at your site because it always helps me gain some or the other information and this post too is damn informative. Thanks a ton.

Indian Web Design Company